If you want to setup your HP DESKJET 2540 printer on the wireless network i.e., Wi-Fi then you have to follow these steps to apply for the first time connections, new router or the ISP setup or to restore the lost connection. Some steps which you have to follow are given below:
Step1: Prepare for installation:
In this step you need to check the requirements then turn on the computer and the router and then setup the printer.
- If you want to use your printer on the wireless network then you should have the following items:
- You must have the computer which is connected to the wireless network.
- You also have the internet access in which the HP recommends the internet access for the software downloads by using the web services and then you will be getting the printer updates.
- You have to make sure that the router and the computer has to be turned on. Hp deskjet 2540 connect to wifi
- You also have to make sure that the computer must be connected to the same wireless network in which the printer is connected to.
- You have to setup the connected in which you need to load the paper into the input tray and then install the toner cartridges and also if you want more information about how to setup the printer then you must go to First Time Printer Setup.
- At last you need to turn on the printer and then place it within the range of the router during the setup procedure.
Step2: Start the software installation:
In this step if you want to start the HP full feature print driver and the software installation on the computer of yours then you have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Firstly you have to go to the official website and there you need to click the download in which you will see that the installation process will begin automatically after the software downloads.
- Then you will see during the installation, the connect window will be open in which you need to stop at the connect window and then you do not click continue at this point.
Step3: Restore default wireless settings on the printer:
In this step if you want to reset the wireless settings to make sure that the connection should be complete successfully then you have to follow some steps which are given below:
- Firstly you have to make sure that the printer has to be turned on.
- Then if the wireless light is blinking then you need to skip to the next step to continue the installing the software.
- When you have hold down the power button then you need to press the start copy button two times in which you need to press the cancel button three times.
- After that you have to release the power button in which you will see that the wireless light is next to the wireless button blinks and then you have to repeat these steps if the wireless light is not blinking.
- At last you have to continue to the next step so that you can install the software in which you have approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup.
Step4: Continue the software installation:
In this step if you want to install the software to finish the setting up your HP printer then connect it to the wireless network and for that you need to follow some steps which are the following:
- Firstly you have to click on the continue on the HP installation connect window.
- Then you have to follow the on screen instructions until and unless the connection options screen will open.
- Then you have to select the wireless-make a wireless connection the printer on the connection options screen in which you need to click the next.
- Then you will see that one of the following screens will display with the best method to complete the wireless setup.
- HP auto wireless connects in which you have to click next and then click the next.
- Wireless setup by using the USB connection in which you need to connect the USB cable from the computer of yours to the printer and then click the next and then you will see that the prompt will display to disconnect the USB cable after the completion of setup.
- At last you have to follow the on screen instructions.
Also read about: A New Turning Point In The War of Browsers With The New Windows Update Rolled By Microsoft