The Oculus Quest 2 is a powerful VR headset that lets you immerse yourself in new VR games. Meta Quest 2 – officially known as Oculus Quest 2 – is one of the most advanced virtual reality devices available on the market. Its wireless capabilities mean Meta Quest users can take their headphones anywhere to play with friends or travel. The vibrancy and quality of the rooms is second to none when staying with a friend or visiting a hotel.
The system’s wireless capabilities extend to third-generation controllers. Meta Quest 2 winners are only for the new Meta machines. Thankfully, both VR headsets come and are required for gameplay in Meta Quest 2. However, controllers must be purchased separately if they need to be replaced and there are no third-party apps for the Meta. The demand is as follows
Table of Contents
How to Pair the Meta Quest 2 controllers
- Open the Oculus mobile app on your phone.
- Turn on Bluetooth / location on your phone and connect your Quest 2 headset.
- Click “Menu” in the lower right corner of the application.
- Click on the “Tools” menu.
- Click “Controller” in the “Headset Settings” section.
- Click “New Controller Pair”. If you have other left / right winners on your list, compare them first.
- Select the left or right controller depending on which controller you want to match.
- Hold down the “Menu” and “Y” buttons on your left controller or the “Oculus” and “B” buttons on your right controller, until the controls move three times and the lights on the console flash around. The command starts flashing.
- If the connection is successful you will see a confirmation screen in the Oculus mobile app.
- Reconnect to other controllers if necessary.
How to change battery on Oculus Quest 2 controller
When your controller runs out of batteries, they are easy to replace, although at first glance you may not be able to turn them on to access the battery compartment.
Notice a small arrow on the top edge of the controller’s battery cover – it’s hard to see.
Slide the battery cover towards the handle with the blade.
It can be tricky, but you can put your finger on the blade for more power.
Then remove (or better recycle) the old AA batteries. If you are using a rechargeable AA battery, plug it into your external battery.
Replace the battery with a new one, then slide the cover back into place until it clicks.
The alternatives of oculus quest 2 controllers
- Xbox Core Manager
- Apple’s Magic Keyboard
- Transmission T.16000M FCS HOTAS
- Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick
- SteelSeries Stratus Duo
how to charge oculus quest 2 controllers
You can’t charge the Quest 2 controller directly, but you can use it with a rechargeable battery.
The controller uses a disposable AA battery by default so you can replace the battery when it runs out.
The Anker Charging dock allows you to charge the Quest 2 battery and charge the battery in the controller at the same time.