Detection of plagiarism is not a new research subject. Various approaches have been developed till data to deal with both intrinsic and extrinsic types of plagiarism. While extrinsic plagiarism detection involves detection against specific reference documents, intrinsic detection measures aim to find plagiarism without access to any reference or original texts. Plagiarism checking tools, detection techniques have been augmented to a large extent by advances in automation and computation.
Legacy plagiarism checking tools are mainly limited by comparisons between reference & test texts at the string level. The accuracy of plagiarism detection is multiplied manifold using Natural Language Processing, a Machine Learning sub-branch that involves automated analysis of the spoken or written natural text. Combining computational linguistics with machine learning systems, NLP techniques have been integrated seamlessly into current approaches.
This article takes a look at 5 of the best plagiarism checker uk tools on the Web today that employ groundbreaking AI-powered plagiarism detection techniques to make near-perfect scans.
The Top 5 Plagiarism Checkers
Detecting and eliminating plagiarism checker from any content is of paramount importance. The best AI-based plagiarism checkers make it easy for users to check any content online.
The following is a list of 5 of the best AI-powered plagiarism checker tools in existence today.
An intuitive plagiarism checker, Unicheck is one of the best plagiarism detection tools to verify the integrity and authenticity of any content.
The application claims to have assisted for than 1 million users across more than 90 countries around the world. Unicheck also claims to have scoured through 120million files of different types. However, one of the most astounding aspects about Unicheck is its superb performance, capable of delivering a similarity report in as little as four seconds. The speed and accuracy of Unicheck is the biggest reason behind its immense popularity amongst students, professionals and businesses alike.
Certain features & functionalities stand out as the tool’s strengths.
- The Google Docs plagiarism detection add-on is a hand feature that allows Unicheck to scan for plagiarism while a user is writing on Google Docs. In addition, Unicheck will update the writer about potentially plagiarized areas and offer appropriate citation &referencing information a well.
- Unicheck also offers in-sync & real-time plagiarism detection assistance for Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Unicheck supports bulk and parallel file uploads, a rarity amongst online plagiarism detector tools.
- Unicheck implements strict security measures while handling user data. In addition, the tool’s superior scalability allows it to run simultaneous checks on bulk documents at maximum efficiency.
- Unicheck guarantees constant availability with 99.9% website & app uptime. Dedicated email, phone & chat support offers 24*5 comprehensive user assistance.
Starting a blog, use a scribbr which is one of the largest referential databases amongst all other plagiarism detectors.
A favourite choice amongst students, Scribbr is currently one of the best-paid plagiarism detectors on the Web with its vast database and exceptional accuracy. The algorithms at work run scans of input text against a vast referential corpus.
Following are the unique features of Scribbr’s online plagiarism checker tool.
- A primary feature is the Own Sources Checker, which checks any content for self-or auto plagiarism. Though Scribbr offers everything for a fee, this particular add-on tool is a huge help for students working on large scale content who do not find the time to cross-check their work.
- Plagiarism reports are pretty detailed with plagiarism percentages, a list of matched sources, settings for customization and a guide to enhance the content.
- Scribbr’s extensive database consists of numerous research papers and journals, making them better than most other databases out there. AI algorithms running in the background help make every successive plagiarism scans better than the preceding ones.
- The lucid AI and ease of usage are other reasons behind Scribbr’s popularity. You can upload any document or PDF file and get access to accurate reports in an instant. Scribbr also supports content in more than 20 languages.
PlagScan makes it easier to locate and correct plagiarism in a text by highlighting plagiarized areas with color.
The tool is well-known amongst writers and pupils since its inception in 2009. PlagScan is different from other detector applications in as it uses Yahoo’s Boss-API to scan accurately for plagiarism.
Different paid plans are available for users, such as Lite, Professional and Enterprise. Pay monthly for the plan of your choice and get access to full features such as:
- Thorough plagiarism checking, URL checking, complete reports and dedicated customer assistance
- Access to a list of plagiarized sources
- In-text matches highlighted in color-coded reports with side-by-side reporting that compare the scanned text with the source text.
Advanced algorithms work behind the scenes to deliver accurate, highly accurate plagiarism reports.
QueText is another AI-powered plagiarism checking tool that uses the proprietary DeepSearch technology to perform contextual analysis & word placement during plagiarism scans. This automatically results in faster and more accurate scans, making Quetext a favourite amongst bloggers, writers, professionals, etc.
For a monthly fee, here’s what you can access with QueText plagiarism detector.
- Different color-coded feedback for definite & unclear matches
- Side-by-side view of scanned text and plagiarized source
- Scanning texts while writing, a very convenient and unique feature
- Cross-checks with billions of sources
- AI algorithms run under the hood and perform contextual analysis, fuzzy matching and conditional scoring.
- Premium paid services include DeepSearch Extended, citation assistant, downloadable reports, specific URL & source exclusion, Interactive Text Snippets, and comprehensive customer support.
More of a content checker and writing assistant than a plagiarism checker tool, Grammarly can help you improve your English as you check your content for mistakes and plagiarism.
Grammarly is the perfect writing assistant any writer can ever need. It is feature-rich and can be easily integrated across different operating systems & applications. Its plagiarism detector purportedly runs checks across 16 billion web pages, documents, databases and the like.
The free version of the service offers basic grammar checks but detailed plagiarism checks. Here’s what you get when you use Grammarly premium.
- Easy social integrations across different applications and systems
- The scan runs in sync when writing emails or any other content on Gmail, Yahoo, Firefox, Opera, Office, Edge, Jira, Google Docs, LinkediN, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Detailed feedback on grammar, structure, tone, delivery, engagement and plagiarism
- Percentage of plagiarism, list of sources and plagiarized sections in the text are all highlighted appropriately.
And that rounds up this little article on plagiarism detection techniques and 5 of the best online plagiarism checker tools available on the Web currently. Hope it was enlightening and informative enough for all readers alike.