If you have missing teeth, you are well aware of how disruptive it may be to your daily routine. There are many different reasons why you can be missing a single tooth or numerous teeth, including an accident, disease, or dental rot.
Dental implants are titanium posts surgically implanted into the jawbone that serve as anchors for replacement teeth. Dental implants are a permanent solution to replace missing teeth and they provide many benefits over other types of dental restoration treatments like dentures and bridges. They also look better than dentures and bridges because they don’t require any adhesives or clasps to stay in place.
Interested in replacing your existing teeth and improving the appearance and function of your smile? Dental Implants Surrey can help you treat a wide range of dental issues. Because of the custom-designed implants, the replaced tooth will appear and feel so natural that you will not even be aware that it is a replacement tooth at all.
Why Does One Need To Replace Lost Teeth?
Missing teeth create gaps in your smile. While this is detrimental to the aesthetics of your smile, it is also detrimental to your dental health. Here are some of the most common reasons why you may need to have missing teeth replaced:
- If you lose a tooth, the functioning of your mouth would be compromised.
- It is not possible to carry out normal oral tasks such as biting and chewing food, conversing, and so on.
- It hurts a person’s self-esteem.
- People who have lost teeth would be ashamed to smile in front of other people if they had them.
- The absence of teeth allows the adjacent teeth to shift out of their natural positions. This is because the teeth have a natural tendency to shift towards the space created by a missing tooth.
- It has the potential to cause malocclusion.
- The teeth next to each other have a tendency to become free from their sockets in the jawbone. This has the potential to result in additional tooth loss.
- The absence of teeth may result in the reduction of the size of the jawbone. You may also see the degradation of the bone at certain points in time.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Dental Implants To Repair Your Smile?
Dental Implants Surrey is a popular option for those who are looking for a way to replace their lost teeth. There are a variety of reasons to select dental implants, including the following:
Dental Implants Have A Natural Appearance
Implants function like a natural tooth root, and the crown that is affixed to them seems to be the same colour as your original teeth. Because the implants are put inside your gums, they do not need the use of adhesives to keep them in place.
Dental Implants Are Firmly Anchored In The Jawbone
A dental implant is a metal “root,” often composed of titanium, that is surgically implanted into the jawbone of the patient. It will integrate with the bone over many months. The post to which the abutment is linked is sturdy and stable, and the dentist covers it with an abutment. This provides you with a restoration that is firmly planted and performs just like your natural tooth.
Dental Implants Help To Maintain The Health Of Your Mouth
Dental implants may aid in the preservation of the density and contour of your jawline by replacing missing teeth. It also fills in the space created by your lost tooth, making it impossible for germs to infiltrate your gums or bone structure.
Dental Implants Have The Potential To Last A Lifetime If Properly Cared For
The majority of individuals are unaware that dental implants Surrey truly become a permanent part of their bodies. The fact that implants are bone-friendly metal and have a specific surface that is meant to merge with bone ensures that they will remain in place as long as you take good care of them.
Dental Implants, In Contrast To Partial Dentures, Do Not Move
In contrast to dental bridges, you may clean them as you usually would and eat all of your favourite foods with them.
Dental Implants Can Be Used To Replace A Single Tooth Or A Whole Set Of Teeth
Selecting a single dental implant to replace a single lost tooth might be a straightforward decision. What happens, though, if you are missing all of your teeth?
It may seem to be a daunting task to replace each one with a dental implant. Dentures that are supported by implants provide a solution. A denture with a reduced profile may be attached to four or more dental implants and remain in place. Because it is thinner and covers less of the mouth, your implant denture will enable you to taste your meal more intensely while remaining in its proper position.
What Does The Dental Implant Process Involve?
The process of dental implant surgery involves the following:
– The surgeon will make an incision on the gum to expose the bone.
– Then they will drill a hole in the bone, and insert a post into it.
– Finally, they will attach a dental crown to the post and attach it to your teeth.
This surgery is usually done under general anaesthesia, so you won’t feel any pain during or after the procedure.
Trying to replace a missing tooth with a dental implant is one of the most popular treatments in dentistry. The procedure is quite simple and doesn’t require any bone grafting. The dentist will first remove the infected, decayed or damaged teeth, then prepare the gums and finally place the dental implants.
The following are some crucial points to remember from this article:
- Dental implants are a long-term, safe replacement for lost teeth
- They can be used to replace single or multiple teeth
If you wish to replace missing teeth as well, call us and we will help you discover the finest dentist for dental implants Surrey. We will assist you in regaining your self-assurance via your smile.
Read more: How Does Smoking Ruin Your Teeth?