Cosmetic dentistry has emerged to be a popular type of dental treatment in Canberra over the past years. It is a special branch of dental treatment dedicated to improving the appearance of the dental structure and making it more beautiful and attractive. A lot many people have taken the help of cosmetic dentistry to improve their dental health while maintaining that their teeth are in good shape and size. With advancements in studies and technology, Canberra dentistry has evolved significantly to meet the unique needs and preferences of the patient.
People who are not very pleased with the way their dental structures look or feel can visit the best dentist in Canberra and have their issues resolved efficiently. From minor imperfections to complete smile makeovers, there’s a way for fixing all sorts of dental problems concerning aesthetics and appearance. The use of modern technology, techniques, treatments, and materials has made it possible to fix common dental issues such as crooked, discolored, chipped, stained, and discolored teeth. Although these do not have a major impact on dental health, it does bother many as they can affect the facial features greatly. Unlike past times, people can now visit their dentists not just for minor dental care or to treat severe diseases but also for improving their smile aesthetics.
Cosmetic Dentistry: Do you really need it?
Well, there’s no one answer that fits all in this regard. Cosmetic dentistry mostly deals with improving the aesthetic and appearance aspect of dental health. Since the needs and preferences largely differ from one individual to another, you can’t really determine if a person needs to opt for this popular Canberra dentistry i.e. cosmetic dentistry, or not. However, the following are some parameters based on which you can assess and decide for yourself:
- Consciousness about the appearance of the teeth to an extent that you cover it subconsciously even while talking, speaking, or laughing.
- Have some of the front teeth missing or half-broken.
- The gums show too much while eating, smiling, or talking.
- Misaligned set of teeth in terms of size, color, and length.
- Protruding or gapped teeth that make your teeth look crooked and misshaped.
If you find yourself struggling with any of the above-mentioned issues, then you can surely consult a dentist and proceed with adequate cosmetic dental treatment. While these were some common instances, there are more sets of issues that can make you an ideal candidate for cosmetic dentistry. If you ever feel embarrassed or dissatisfied with how your smile or teeth look, consult the best dentist in Canberra and have your bright smile fixed
Cosmetic Dentistry: The popular types
Cosmetic dentistry has a wide branch of specialized treatments that aim at resolving specific dental problems. Advanced medical equipment and expertise have collectively made it possible to achieve the most perfect set of teeth in terms of appearance and health. Whatever be your concern, the modern Canberra Dentistry has a perfect solution to it. Some of the common types of dental procedures and treatments that fall under the cosmetic dentistry are as follows:
- Cosmetic bonding: This refers to the process of applying a tooth-like resin material to the front teeth to fix minor gaps, chips, stains, and cracks.
- Gum contouring: As the name suggests, gum contouring is the process of removing the excess gum tissues visible while smiling, talking, or eating.
- Teeth whitening: This is one of the most common and basic types of cosmetic dental procedures that involves a thorough cleaning session that brightens your teeth up to eight shades.
- Veneers: It is an advanced cosmetic dental procedure that involves securing porcelain-made shells to the front surface of the teeth in order to conceal misaligned teeth. These are used for covering gaps and chipped teeth effectively.
- Invisalign: These are an upgrade to the traditional metal braces that were intended for reshaping and straightening teeth structure. They are transparent and not identifiable by the naked eyes.
Cosmetic Dentistry: The multiple benefits
Cosmetic dentistry has emerged to be a viable and effective solution to all sorts of dental problems related to aesthetics and appearance. The basic purpose of cosmetic dentistry is to help patients achieve a beautiful smile with the help of natural-looking prosthetics and advanced techniques. While the benefits of Canberra dentistry are in abundance, some of them are discussed below.
- Quick & Safe: No matter which type of cosmetic dentistry you are opting for, there are minimal risks involved. The success rate of most of these treatments is high, thus, making it a quick and reliable dentistry solution. The treatments are less time-consuming and yield significant results.
- Improved dental health: In the course of improving the aesthetics and cosmetic aspect of your dental structure, overall oral health is also taken care of. When you opt for cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening or gum contouring, the entire dental sett is thoroughly cleaned.
- Increased confidence: A majority of the people struggle with low self-esteem and confidence due to poor or unpleasant smiles. Issues like stained, crooked, and chipped teeth are quite common that can distract people’s attention while around people. All of these issues can be easily resolved by advanced cosmetic dentistry solutions.
Cosmetic dentistry is a viable solution to all sorts of dental problems that impact your appearance and smile. These are completely safe and effective treatments approved and performed by some of the best dentist in Canberra. If you too feel embarrassed or hesitant to smile and be your confident self, it’s time to consult your dentist for a quick makeover!